The main focus of the programme is to further develop your creative and artistic skills by working with complex and challenging issues, in particular where social implications are important.
The Design program is offered by University of Gothenburg.
Practical projects, both individual and team projects, are at the core of your studies. The atmosphere of the programme is explorative and experimental. You will investigate new and challenging ideas of how designers can situate themselves and work for a sustainable society in the future.
Work areas/continuing studies
The master’s programme prepares you for a qualified professional role within your field and/or post-graduate research studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- You will get introduced to the key pedagogical tool in our programme – the personal project – at the beginning. You will also get familiar with how to identify and formulate your own project, how to account for your process and your outcome. Theoretically and practically, you will study how designers can act and intervene in social change in society.
- The second year focuses on your degree project in different ways. You will have reading assignments that will advance your knowledge in your own field of interest. You will also train in identifying and formulating an adequate idea for your thesis project.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In order to be accepted for the Master’s Programme in Global Health, students must meet the basic entrance requirements, hold a Bachelor’s degree worth 180 credits in a social sciences/health sciences/economics/arts.
- Admissions are made every autum. First priority is given to applicants sending a personal motivation letter (200 - 250 words in English) together with correct verification of degree and English requirements. The letters will be ranked by the Institute of Medicine due to quality and content.
International25914 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 51828 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Application fee: 900 SEK
- Full programme cost: 544 000 SEK
- First payment: 136 000 SEK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.