Graduates of either university who have completed a recognized pre-Master's program in Religion, or who hold a B.A.(Honours) in Religion, or have completed a program equivalent to a pre-Master's or Honours in any recognized university of college, are eligible to apply. University of Winnipeg students can also qualify for admission by completing the Bachelor of Arts (4-year) degree in Religion.
Applications will also be considered from B.A. (Honours) graduates in other disciplines with a strong background in Religious Studies. Students completing the Joint M.A. Program may elect to receive their degree from either of the participating universities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Seminar in Research Methods and Theory
- Seminar in Buddhism
- Religion and Democracy
- The Yoga Tradition
- Peace & War in Islamic Thought
- Feminist Theory & Religion
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Religious Studies & Theology Ancient History View 93 other Masters in History in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 in their last 60 credit hours of study;
- successful completion of a total of 60 credit hours in Religion;
- breadth of preparation, that is, courses completed in each of three areas: A (Western Religions), B (World Religions), and C (Religion and Culture);
- at least 6 currently-relevant credit hours in methodology: 3 credit hours in methodology for the study of Eastern Religions and 3 credit hours in methodology for the study of Western Religions (NOTE: Students admitted to the MA program without current methodology credits will be required to complete these in addition to credit hours specified for completion of MA program of study).
International11748 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5874 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National5340 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2670 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Winnipeg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.