At the beginning of the Advanced Clinical Practice programme of University of Worcester, students will identify their own learning needs in collaboration with their Clinical Supervisor, Manager and Personal Academic Tutor to create an individualised route through the programme that builds on their existing knowledge, skills and experience, whilst enabling achievement of competence and capability at the level of an Advanced Clinical Practitioner.
- Options to develop individualised learning plans in collaboration with your employer to ensure you develop clinical competence in your own speciality, sector and setting.
- A learning environment in which you develop a sustainable ability to shape future health and social care provision and delivery through responsiveness, improvability and changeability.
- We offer opportunities for you to develop and demonstrate competence and capability at an advanced level; through supervision and support in the workplace and assessment of your competence and capability.
- We provide a flexible, multi-professional, route to postgraduate achievement centred around you.
- We encourage intellectual challenge through the promotion of critical analysis, evaluation and problem solving and functioning at an advanced level of practice.
- We provide the possibility to design and conduct, with support, a substantive, independent, service improvement project, in response to organisational need, with the potential to innovate new practices and influence change.
- We promote opportunities for career advancement as an Advanced Clinical Practitioner.
Where could it take you?
Postgraduate study will mark you out in today's competitive job market, showing that you have enhanced knowledge in this subject area, as well as highlighting your ability to analyse, communicate and apply theory - all skills which are sought after by employers.
This programme is developed in partnership with local employers and as such is closely mapped to both the needs of the student and the needs of the employer. This ensures that you'll complete the course with specific, focused skills that are desirable to local employers and the wider health and social care community.
All of our students join the programme from practice, develop their skills and understanding through the programme and return to practice with these developed qualities and attributes tailor made to the Advanced Clinical Practitioner role and role trajectory.
As part of the journey of professional and role development we encourage students to continue on their academic journey through access to a range of higher degrees including PhD, clinical doctorate and other taught doctorates.
- Exploring and Challenging Advanced Clinical Practice
- Health and Social Needs Assessment for Advanced Clinical Practice
- Complex Decision Making in Advanced Clinical Practice
- Coaching and Guidance for Advanced Clinical Practice
- Research Methods in Advanced Clinical Practice
- Advanced Clinical Practice Capability
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 441 other Masters in Health Administration in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Worcester and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Applications are welcomed from nurses, pharmacists, paramedics and allied health professionals who:
- Are currently working in a health care environment for a minimum of 20 hours a week
- Hold professional registration with a relevant UK professional/statutory body, for example the NMC, HCPC or GPhC.
- Have a Bachelor's degree in a health related subject with a minimum 2:2 honours classification.
- Applicants whose first language is not English should have an IELTS of 7 overall, with no component lower than 5.5. Other equivalent English qualifications will also be considered.
International2400 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2400 GBP per module during 36 months.
EU/EEA1240 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1240 GBP per module during 36 months.
- Tuition per 30 credits
Living costs for Worcester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.