Specifically, the Master of Science (MSc) in Forensic Psychology from University of Ontario Institute of Technology will prepare students for careers related to the following:
- Administration in provincial and federal programs.
- Advertising and marketing.
- Behavioural science and statistical research in government organizations.
- Design and evaluation of community programs.
- Research and/or teaching in college and university settings.
- Research and practice in behavioural science crime units within law enforcement.
- Research in mental health institutions, hospital settings, justice-related institutes, correctional facilities, pharmaceutical industry and educational entertainment industry.
- Trial consulting.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Children and the law
- Detection of deception
- Evidence-based policing
- Eyewitness memory
- Forensic neuroscience
- Geographic profiling
- Interrogations and confessions
- Investigative interviewing
- Sexual violence
- Wrongful conviction
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology View 99 other Masters in Psychology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold a four-year undergraduate degree or equivalent in Psychology or a related field (e.g., Neuroscience, Computer Science, Biology, Criminology) at a recognized institution. Students with both Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees are encouraged to apply.
- Overall academic standing of at least a B (GPA: 3.0 on a 4.3 scale or 73 to 76 per cent), with a minimum academic standing of B+ (GPA: 3.3 on a 4.3 scale or 77 to 79 per cent) in the final two full-time years (four terms) of undergraduate study, including elective courses.
International18790 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18790 CAD per year during 24 months.
National7579 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7579 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Oshawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.