The Master of Nursing at the University of Prince Edward Island graduate will be prepared to engage in a variety of advanced practice roles including direct care of individuals, families, communities or populations; education; administration; and research.
- Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Nurse Educator
- Nurse Administrator
- Nurse Researcher
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Human Physiology & Pathophysiology
- Foundations of Graduate Study
- Theoretical Foundations of Nursing
- Advanced Primary Health Care
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing from an approved or accredited university is required. A minimum average of 75% or a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B) in the last twenty courses of a baccalaureate nursing program is required.
- Prior completion of a Research Methods course, an Introductory Statistics course, and a course in Nursing Theory, or equivalent.
- Individuals applying for the Nurse Practitioner Stream, must have a minimum of two (2) years experience in clinical nursing practice.
- Proof of active practicing nurse registration in Canada is necessary
- Upon acceptance into the Master of Nursing program, students must submit a completed up-to-date immunization record, a certified criminal record check, and confirmation of current CPR Certification at the Health Care Provider level.
International7875 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15750 CAD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
National4215 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8430 CAD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.