Why you should apply for IMFSE
You fulfill the admission requirements, but are still hesitating whether to apply for Fire Safety Engineering at Ghent University? Read the following arguments and you'll find out how appealing this unique programme is to you!
Fire Safety Engineering, a hot topic!
Fire Safety is an essential feature of any building or industrial plant during its lifetime. The application of engineering principles to meet design objectives is the worldwide trend in the performance-based design approach.
You study at 3 internationally renowned institutes …
The 3 IMFSE partners build upon their excellence in research and experience with existing educational programmes in fire Safety Engineering to deliver this unique programme. The mobility scheme allows you to spend a semester in each of the 3 institutes.
You become part of an international network
You will not only gain worldwide recognition by your International Erasmus Mundus education, you will also be part of an international network of longlasting professional relationships you build up during the programme. You and your study colleagues will be leading experts in the worldwide Fire Safety Engineering community.
- Fire Dynamics
- Basics of Structural Engineering
- Thermodynamics, Heat and Mass Transfer
- FSE Based Firefighting
- Modelling of Turbulence and Combustion
- Risk assessment
- Advanced fire dynamics
- Human behaviour in fire
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- Online application submission deadline: 31 January
- Online application deadline: 30 April
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Emergency & Disaster Management View 53 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelors or Masters in: architecture, civil engineering, electrical engineering, electromechanical engineering, chemical engineering, engineering physics, materials science, urbanism and spatialplanning.Other degrees on the basis of a study of individual skills (e.g. fire safety consultants, fire prevention officers, fire brigade officers, building designers, building services engineers, architectural practitioners).
International5744 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5744 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA962 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 962 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Gent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.