Information and Computer Science from Doshisha University aims to provide knowledge and skills that are balanced in the two fields of “information science,” which involves computer science and information processing and communication technology, and “knowledge science,” which involves the simulation of the intelligent activities of human beings and the application of them into engineering. Lecture classes in these two fields are provided and they are organized to allow students to acquire wide-ranging knowledge centered on theoretical aspects. Meanwhile, on the research side, students are required not only to submit a master’s thesis based on laboratory works, but also to have as much experience as possible in making presentations and participating in discussions at academic society conferences, etc. In this way, we endeavor to foster the fundamental abilities required to become world-leading engineers and researchers.
Specific Objectives for Development of Talented Individuals
The master’s program aims to develop talented individuals who can demonstrate the following abilities:
- The ability to take the initiative in resolving highly-specialized technical problems in each area/field of information system development;
- Cultivating information technology engineers who possess balanced communication skills as members of society and can take the lead in planning new information systems in association with others;
- Cultivating information technology engineers who, without any restriction of technical fields covered by existing information technology, can understand, analyze, and have an awareness of problems related to the information technology that the next generation society will face and can take the leadership in resolving these problems;
- Cultivating information technology engineers with the fundamental abilities required to become world-leading engineers and researchers.
- Communications Engineering
- Emergent Systems
- Language Processing
- Embedded Systems
- Nature-Inspired Computing
- Information and Computer Sciences
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences View 21 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in Japan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Those who have completed 16 or more years of education outside Japan and possessing a Bachelor’s Degree or expect to complete it and will possess a Bachelor’s Degree by the time of enrollment.
- Those who have graduated from a university or college in Japan as an international student or expect to graduate by the time of enrollment.
- Those who have been granted a degree corresponding to a Bachelor’s Degree by completing a program where the course term is 3 years or more in overseas universities or other overseas schools or are expected to be granted a degree corresponding to a Bachelor’s Degree by the time of enrollment.
- Those who have completed 15 or more years of education outside Japan and possessing a Bachelor’s Degree or expect to complete it and will possess a Bachelor’s Degree by the time of enrollment.
International7641 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7641 USD per year during 24 months.
National7641 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7641 USD per year during 24 months.
- First year: 815,000 YEN
- Second year: 820,000 YEN
Living costs for Kyoto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.