European Societies and European Integration from University of the Aegean explores the relationship and the tensions between social-cultural practices of civil societies and formal democratic institutions both in Europe and in adjacent Mediterranean countries on Europe’s southern and eastern peripheries in terms of national identities, social movements, democratization processes, political representation, religion and modernization.
Exploring the European and Euro-Mediterranean social constellations as dynamic processes, it is particularly keen to bring together students, lecturers and researchers from neighboring countries to explore the aforementioned factors that shape our future, and to suggest possible routes to inter-cultural understanding and institutional integration.
- Occupational arenas within the European Union and affiliated national and international institutions, as well as in public administration (local, regional, national, European and international), in private enterprises operating in Europe and worldwide, in Europe-oriented social organisations as well as in the intermediate sector, e.g. in political parties, foundations, and non-governmental organisations.
- Furthermore, there are employment possibilities at universities, university-level institutions and academic research institutions.
- Comparative European Sociology
- EU Law
- European Policies Regarding Employment and Social Protection
- Methodology of Text Analysis
- European Demography and Migration/ Refugees’ Flows: Social Research and Policy
- European Economy and International Economic Environment
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEuropean Law European Studies View 5 other Masters in European Studies in Greece
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Previous B.A. or M.A. studies in subjects relevant to the M.A. Program;
- Recommendation letters;
- Research and study interests;
- Interview competence (presentation skills, argumentation);
- Knowledge of research methods, computer skills, etc;
- Foreign languages.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Mytilíni
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.