- Interaction Design (Two-Years) at Malmö University
We educate designers who can articulate and develop cutting-edge practices in key areas of interaction design: tangible and sensor-based interaction, wearable and embodied interaction, game design, participatory design practices, critical design, social innovation and collaborative media development. Students approach these genres within a broad context that considers the social, political and ethical consequences of their designs. Our education is studio-based, bringing students into close contact with our design professors.
- Practical Design Skills and Academic Research
Interaction design is a rapidly changing discipline, and we maintain the relevance of our education by working with real-world design cases and outside clients that include local industry partners, as well as cultural and civic organisations. Navigating a shifting design landscape also requires the critical mindset of a scholar, and we foster reflective design by teaching research skills and involving students in active research projects.
- Collaboration with the "real world"
Design is a collaborative process, where users and other stakeholders contribute their expertise and values to the joint task of shaping future things, services, media and spaces.
Our programme was founded in 1998, making it one of the more established programmes of its kind. We focus on areas whereour design and research excellence is internationally recognised: tangible and sensor-based interaction, wearable and embodied interaction, game design, participatory design practices, critical design, social innovation and collaborative media development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to multidisciplinary interaction design
- Embodied interaction
- Collaborative media
- Graduation project
- Design and social innovation
- Play and ludic interaction
- Design-based research
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Degree of Bachelor or equivalent in subjects relevant for interaction design. Examples of relevant subjects include, but are not limited to: computer science, informatics, information systems, human-computer interaction, new media arts,
- fine arts, design (industrial, product, graphic, interaction), communication studies, media studies and cognitive science.
- Approval of the following submitted material: 2 x work samples of previous
- Relevant work and an individual response to the application assignment. Please see next tab on this page, called Selection for further information.
- General eligibility + the equivalent of English course B in Swedish higher secondary school.
International21658 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 43317 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Full tuition fee: 450,000 SEK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.