The recent rapid progress in the natural sciences and in engineering has enabled the use of engineering tools to answer many questions that have troubled humanity since its very beginnings. The Biomedical Engineering program is offered by the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev .
Ultra-fast and ultra-powerful supercomputers, the mapping of the human genome, interfaces that connect directly to the brain, nanotechnology-driven molecular-sized implants, and fast internet-based communication technologies are but a few of the many new technologies that are quickly becoming widely available.
The aim is to train engineers who will be able to conduct – and lead – research and development projects in both the University research environment and the dynamic high-tech world, as well as to develop and provide support for engineering equipment in hospitals.
Responsibility for training biomedical engineers is shared by the Faculties of Health Sciences and Engineering. Students take courses in both faculties, gaining broad basic knowledge, as well as more specific skills in those areas that are essential for a biomedical engineer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The course work is extensive and exacting, since students are required to both acquire a very broad knowledge base for the multi-disciplinary demands of Biomedical Engineering and to develop specific expertise.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Biology View 3 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Israel
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- B.Sc. degree in Biomedical Engineering or in closely related fields at a minimum GPA of 80/100 (according to the Israeli grading system).
- A TOEFL score of 85/120 or an equivalent score in an internationally recognized English proficiency exam is required. The English proficiency requirement is waived for applicants who received their B.Sc. degree in a program taught in English.
- GRE is recommended but not required.
- Additionally, prior to applying to the M.Sc. program, the applicant should contact a potential advisor among the Biomedical Engineering department faculty members.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5118 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5118 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.