The core of the Computer Science - Algorithms, Languages and Logic programme from Chalmers University of Technology covers four main areas of computing science
- Algorithms including artificial intelligence, machine learning and optimisation
- Logic including applications in hardware and software verification
- Programming languages with underlying principles, implementation techniques and advanced programming techniques.
- Computer security including cryptography and programming language-based approaches to security.
The optional segment of the programme offers the student a broad range of courses in other areas of computer science, bioinformatics, software engineering, mathematics and other relevant areas.
Chalmers pursues vigorous and internationally recognised research in all core areas of the programme.
Amongst other things, Chalmers is well-known for its research into functional programming. IT played a major role in the design and development of the standard lazy functional language Haskell. It has also developed a powerful testing tool called QuickCheck, which now has widespread use – in industry as well.
- Logic in computer science
- Programming language technology
- The computer scientist in society
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Machine Learning View 22 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An applicant must either have a Bachelor's degree in Science/Engineering/Technology/Architecture or be enrolled in his/her last year of studies leading to such a degree.
- Prerequisites: Mathematics (including Calculus (at least 7,5 cr.) and Linear Algebra (at least 7,5 cr.)),Programming in a General-Purpose Language (e.g. C/C++/Java/Haskell or similar (at least 7,5 cr.)), Algorithms and/or Data Structures (at least 7,5 cr.)and one of the following courses: Discrete Mathematics and/or Mathematical Statistics and/or Probability Theory.
International14224 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14224 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Göteborg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.