Using a combination of blended and face-to-face sessions structured to support achievement for students undertaking Masters level study while balancing work and family commitments, this programme offers the opportunity to:
- Explore the assumptions and implications of the major theories of organizational management and leadership.
- Gain understanding of organizational policy-making and its implementation through an exploration of decision making theories and the psychology of organizational behaviour at an individual and group level, and change management.
- Learn the key dimensions of the recruitment, selection and retention of human resources in the globalized operating context.
- Gain knowledge and skills in organizational research, culminating in the opportunity to complete a research project of relevance in the participant's own workplace setting.
The MSc in Education and Training Management (Leadership) at Dublin City University is a management qualification. It builds on a long heritage equipping educators moving into, or holding, leadership roles with the knowledge and skills to succeed in those roles. It is the ideal qualification for those who wish to progress in their current employment environment connected to the broad education and training sector including schools, industry training, health and many areas of public sector management.
For others, the MSc as a management qualification has allowed participants to make a career change. Participants have moved into industry training roles, and the academy. The dissertation in particular allows this opportunity to build a new career pathway.
Management Thought & Practice
Organisational Management and Decision Making
Leadership and Performance Management
Organisational Behaviour and Change
Entrepreneurial Ed. & Training Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Management Studies View 63 other Masters in Education in Ireland
- Applicants must have a good honours degree (minimum 2.2) with three years substantial experience working in a recognised education/training environment.
- In certain circumstances, applicants not possessing the above qualifications may be considered if they are able to present, at interview, evidence of professional experience and responsibility in a relevant area of work, and high-level interest in the research literature relevant to one of the themes highlighted in the programme. Such applicants will be required to submit a written assignment (3,000 words) or portfolio prior to interview.
International6900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6900 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4050 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4050 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.