The MSc in Accounting from Dublin City University is designed for accounting graduates to combine study for a Master’s degree while gaining exemptions from professional examinations at the same time.
The one-year full-time Masters programme encourages critical and creative thinking, teamwork and communication, and develops a diverse range of professional attributes which equip graduates to excel in the accounting profession and to adopt leadership positions in their professional lives.
Graduates of the MSc in Accounting are exempt from all subjects in the CAP2 Examination of Chartered Accountants Ireland. To qualify as chartered accountants, graduates of the programme will be required to pass the Institute's Final Admitting Examination and to serve a training contract of three years.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Business & Society
- Auditing and Professional Ethics
- Assurance Services: Theory and Practice
- International Financial Accounting & Analysis
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Research & Professional Portfolio
- Capital Taxes
- Corporation Tax
- Corporate and Investment Finance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesFinance Accounting View 51 other Masters in Finance in Ireland
- A Second Class Honours Grade 1 honours degree in Accounting (or with a significant specialism in Accounting), or international equivalent, together with full exemption from the CAP1 examinations of Chartered Accountants Ireland;
- A credit award in the DCU Professional Diploma in Accounting (DC500) or equivalent qualification, together with full exemption from the CAP1 examinations of Chartered Accountants Ireland.
- If you have achieved a Second Class Honours Grade 2 Honours degree in Accounting (or with a significant specialism in Accounting), or a Pass award in the DCU Professional Diploma in Accounting (or equivalent), you may still obtain a place. This will depend on availability of places.
International14800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14800 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA9955 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9955 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.