Develop your knowledge and practical skills related to community health promotion, chronic disease prevention, and rehabilitation. Understand and explore the limits of human movement throughout the lifespan, with this Human Kinetics (MHK) program at Laurentian University.
Apply your focus to biomechanics, exercise physiology, and psychomotor behavior, and the psycho-social contributions to human movement. Prepare for a career in research, teaching, and industry.
Become a part of the preventative healthcare field. Health, fitness, and rehabilitation are the foundations to living a healthy life.
Graduates can rest assured knowing there is a multitude of career options they can explore post-graduation. Some career options include, but are not limited to: personal trainer, kinesiologist, coach, recreation director, athletic therapist, fitness programmer and evaluator, recreation therapist, research, teaching and industry.
Many careers can be found in the public and private sector.
Programme StructureCourse include:
- Seminar in Human Kinetics
- Research Methods in Human Kinetics
- Qualitative Methods: A Survey Course for Sport and Physical Activity
- Quantitative Measurement Methods: Instrumentation for Human Kinetics
- Current Topics in Human Kinetics
- Directed Individual Study in Human Kinetics
- Internship in Human Kinetics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Physiotherapy Health Sciences View 39 other Masters in Physiotherapy in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students entering the Masters in Human Kinetics (MHK) program will hold a 4-year degree in a Human Kinetics Field (e.g., Physical and Health Education; Kinesiology; Sports Psychology) or equivalent.
- Candidates who have graduated from a three year degree program in a related discipline may be admitted to a qualifying year.
- Candidates with an honours degree in a related field such as Life Sciences, Sports Administration, Nursing Science, Rehabilitation Therapy, Sociology, Psychology, Physiology, Mechanical Engineering, Biology and Biochemistry, to name a few, may be admitted to the MHK program.
International25960 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25960 CAD per year during 12 months.
National: $2,860 per trimester
Living costs for Greater Sudbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.