Learn and apply the fundamental science that essential in all sciences, including physics, engineering, environmental, and biomedical sciences, with this Chemical Sciences program at Laurentian University.
Choose to complete your degree through coursework and a thesis, or through coursework and a critical review essay. Benefit from the personal advisory committee assigned to assist you throughout your degree.
Choose from many areas of interest including, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, environmental chemistry, physical and theoretical chemistry, organic chemistry, and surface modifications.
Laboratory, pharmaceuticals and biomedical diagnostic companies, environmental consultancy agencies, senior chemist in industrial setting, chief chemist for a steel manufacturer, pharmacist, project and research leader, university professor, teacher, drug controller, physician, surgeon, dentist, veterinarian, research in oceanography, computer programmer for a mining company, programmer analyst, waste disposal consultant, hospital staff radiologist, environmental monitoring and remediation, food industry, graduate studies, plastic and petrochemical industry, public service, quality assurance and quality control, research institutes.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Topics in Environmental Chemistry
- Advanced Electrochemistry
- Topics in Analytical Chemistry
- Molecular Biology of Eukaryotes
- Molecular Basis of Cancer
- Advanced Medicinal Chemistry
- Topics in Advanced Thermodynamics
- Research Seminar in Chemistry
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry Biochemistry View 77 other Masters in Chemistry in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- For admission as either a full- or part-time graduate student, candidates must submit proof of upper second-class standing (B average) in a four-year undergraduate B.Sc. degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry or equivalent.
- Candidates not possessing the equivalent of a four-year degree can apply for a Qualifying Year in Chemistry and Biochemistry in order to complete the minimum program requirements by contacting the Office of Admissions.
International21540 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21540 CAD per year during 18 months.
National13068 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13068 CAD per year during 18 months.
- National: $4356 per trimester
- International: $7180 per trimester
Living costs for Greater Sudbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.