Master of Science in Accounting offered at International Islamic University of Malaysia aims at encouraging further research in Accounting which incorporates the Islamic perspective and to develop experts who are able to formulate Islamically desirable policies in line with the rapidly changing Accounting Environment. The department's strength is in the areas of Islamic Accounting, Environmental Accounting, Zakat, Management Accounting, Public Sector Accounting, Accounting Education & Ethics and Auditing & Taxation.
Duration / Mode of Programme
Students may enrol on a full-time or part-time basis. Full-time students must enrol for a minimum of 9-12 credit hours per semester. Part-time students may register for 6 credit hours each semester.
Areas of Specialisation
- Accounting and Governance for Islamic Institutions
- Tax Compliance and Tax Administration
- Social and Environmental Accounting
- Islamic Auditing
- Accounting for Intellectual Capital
- Financial Reporting and Regulation
- Corporate Governance and Disclosure
- New Public Financial Management
- Risk Reporting and Management in Islamic Banks
More informationVisit official programme website
- Financial Accounting And Reporting
- Managerial Accounting
- Accounting Theory And Policy
- Islamic Worldview And Accounting Ethics
- Islamic Accounting And Finance
- Accounting Research Methods
- Introduction to Library Search & Academic Writing
- Literature Review
- Accounting For Islamic Institutions
- Issues In Auditing
- Issues In Taxation
- Issues In Public Sector Accounting
- Issues in Accounting Information System
- 18 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesAccounting View 7 other Masters in Accounting in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A relevant Bachelor’s degree with good grades from an accredited institution of higher learning or any other certificates recognised to be equivalent to a Bachelor's degree and with relevant professional experience.
International3336 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1668 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
National280 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 140 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
650 RM National
7750 RM International
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.