Students learn as part of an online community of tutors, fellow students and student support services - just as they would if they went to the University itself. Each student has their own dedicated academic tutor and study partner, and studying online is made interesting, interactive, and engaging by forums, wikis, reflective journals and video presentations. Shipping industry experts are involved in the mentoring of work-based projects, further enhancing the value of student learning.
As a graduate of this course, you’ll possess a diverse range of skills. This can open up a range of opportunities in shipping management, port operations and even teaching. This MSc is directly aimed at professionals working in maritime roles. It provides professional development for a variety of management careers in the sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Maritime Context
- Postgraduate and Self-managed Study
- Business Research Skills
- Professional Skills and Practice Portfolio
- Risk and Safety Management
- Legal Process
- Safety Culture
- Accident Investigation and Organisational Learning
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Supply Chain Management & Logistics International Business View 7 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An honours degree (2:2 or higher) in maritime studies, shipping, business or law, or another appropriate subject and relevant professional qualifications/experience
- To apply to undertake the MSc in Shipping Operations, you must be employed in or have recently been employed in the maritime or shipping industry and have professional experience to management level.
- A certificate of competence as a Master or Chief Engineer; Class 1 Master Mariner; Class 1 Engineer; STCW management-level qualifications, or equivalent, plus management-level experience in the sea transport industry
TOEFL IBT 92 (min. 22 in Writing, min 20 in Reading, Listening and Speaking)
- Approx. Cost £170
Pearson Versant 61 (56 in Writing and 51 in Reading, Listening and Speaking)
- Approx. Cost £40-50
IELTS Indicator 6.0 (5.5 in each component) or 6.5 (with 6.0 in writing and 5.5 in other components)
- Approx. Cost $145
Duolingo Overall 110
- Approx. Cost $49/£40
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13905 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13905 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA8220 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8220 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Solent University offers a range of bursaries and scholarships that provide financial assistance or waive fees for tuition or accommodation. Each bursary or scholarship has specific eligibility criteria.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.