Subject areas covered in the programme include digital healthcare, contemporary issues in healthcare, practice enhancement for quality healthcare, advancing practice for patient safety, clinical leadership for healthcare quality improvement, implementation of evidence based practice and advanced research methods applied to healthcare. The final project on the programme will involve conducting a systematic investigation of a problem relevant to the student’s practice area using the research process.
This online programme offers a flexible online approach to learning, designed to allow healthcare professionals to undertake their studies while working simultaneously. The programme is designed to allow students to undertake their studies while working simultaneously with the intention to suit service, personal and academic requirements. The Healthcare Quality Improvement programme of University College Cork Online consists of seven modules to the value of 70 credits and one module to the value of 20 credits. Students have the option of exiting the programme after completing 30 credits with a Postgraduate Certificate in Healthcare Quality Improvement. Students have the option of exiting the programme after completing Year 1 and one 10-credit (NU6306) module in Year 2 with a Postgraduate Diploma in Healthcare Quality Improvement.
Skills and Careers Information
What can I do after I graduate with an MSc in Healthcare Quality Improvement
This online, MSc in Healthcare Quality Improvement enables students to take a leadership role in clinical practice in an increasingly complex healthcare environment with an emphasis on quality improvement in healthcare. The programme prepares healthcare professionals to advance patient-centred care with a specific skillset relevant to contemporary healthcare including but not limited to patient safety, digital healthcare, practice enhancement and quality improvement, research and evidence based practice, and managing and leading change innovation. Graduates will be well positioned to engage in leadership roles relating to quality improvement initiatives, and middle/senior management in their work environments as well as seeking promotional opportunities in these areas.
The additional skills provided by this programme will be the ability to:
- Develop and advance knowledge in the area of digital health
- Critically review contemporary issues in healthcare
- Change management at clinical and organisational levels incl. project management, team organisation, auditing.
- Clinical leadership.
- Proficiency at advancing patient safety in clinical practice and at organisational level e.g. communication, negotiation, problem-solving.
- Collaborative skills of engaging in research to enhance healthcare practice.
- Generating questions from clinical practice/services for research and conducting this research.
- Others e.g. report writing, development and delivery of PowerPoint presentations, computer literacy and online lifelong learning.
Occupations associated with an MSc in Healthcare Quality Improvement
Graduates from the online MSc in Healthcare Quality Improvement will be qualified to pursue a number of exciting careers. The identified career pathways for graduates of this programme include:
- Practice Development Positions
- Quality Improvement/Project Manager positions
- Clinical Research positions
- Digital Healthcare
- Advancing Practice for Patient Safety
- Practice Enhancement for Quality Healthcare
- Implementation of Evidence-Based Practice for Quality Improvement in Healthcare
- Contemporary Issues in Healthcare
- Clinical Leadership for Healthcare Quality Improvement
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 31 other Masters in Nursing in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must be qualified healthcare professionals registered with the regulatory body in their country of residence.
- Applicants must have a primary degree, Level 8 or equivalent.
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.