Computer Science is one of the most dynamic and expansive fields of science. In addition to having a deep understanding of the theoretical and technical foundations, professionals in this field must be able to apply the technology to challenging problems, and integrate it with other technologies. Applicants should have an adequate background in computer science and good programming skills.
The first three semesters of the Computer Science programme from Linköping University include not only core courses in theoretical computer science and programming, but also elective courses such as artificial intelligence, databases and data mining, the design and programming of computer games, information security, advanced computer graphics, and human-computer interaction. Most courses feature lectures in theory and techniques, which are applied in practical laboratory work. Some courses also feature projects and seminars.
In the final semester you write a thesis, either on your own or with a fellow student. The work may be carried out in collaboration with a company, or as a research project with the university.
This programme provides you with the skills needed to work at the forefront of modern software and computer systems technology, as an operating system designer, internet security specialist, or with visualisation in fields such as medicine, business, and social sciences. You may also opt for a career in research or continued studies towards a doctoral degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Included
- Artificial Intelligence
- Advanced Programming in C++
- Programming C++
- Professionalism in Computer Science
- Computer Networks
- Advanced Computer Architecture
- Concurrent Programming and Operating Systems
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Web Programming
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Artificial Intelligence View 66 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor's degree with a major in computer science, information technology, software engineering, computer engineering, alternatively, a bachelor's degree with a minor in computer science or related subject area, with a minimum of 60 ECTS credits in computer-related subjects (e.g. programming, data structures, databases, software engineering, computer hardware, computer networks).
- At least 24 ECTS credits in mathematics/applied mathematics and/or application of mathematics relevant for the programme including courses in discrete mathematics, linear algebra, calculus and mathematical statistics.
- English corresponding to the level of English in Swedish upper secondary education (English 6/B).
International12437 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24874 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- SEK 252000
Living costs for Linköping
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.