A unique opportunity to study war from a multi-disciplinary perspective.
Designed to provide a postgraduate-level introduction to War Studies for students who have little or no specialist background in the field.
A chance to develop a range of transferable skills that will enhance your employability, aid your professional-career development and help prepare you for postgraduate research.
You will be taught by some of the very best academics in the field. Departmental staff are internationally acknowledged experts in their areas of specialization; they are active researchers and routinely use their latest findings in their teaching.
An opportunity to study at a global centre of excellence that enjoys close relationships with other academic institutions, with think-tanks, non-governmental organizations and policy-making bodies around the world.
Opportunities to network with high-profile visitors, such as government ministers, ambassadors and generals, who frequently give talks in the Department.
War Studies Graduates from King's College London go on to work for NGOs, the FCO, the MOD, the Home Office, NATO, the UN or pursue careers in journalism, finance, academia, the diplomatic services, the armed forces and more. Recent posts held by our alumni include Threat Analyst, Director of Political Violence Forecasting, Research Advisor at NATO Defence College, Foreign Policy Fellow.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Afghan and South Asian Security
- Contemporary Conflicts
- Navies and Sea Power
- Modern War and the Liberal Conscience
- War And The Non-Human Sphere
- Wars Within Wars: Intelligence Wars Dirty
- Wars And Secret Wars
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMilitary Science International Relations Terrorism & Security View 26 other Masters in Military Science in United Kingdom
- Undergraduate degree with 1st Class or high 2:1 honours (i.e. overall average of at least 65% across all years of study) in history, international relations, political science, economics or other appropriate subject
- A personal statement of up to 4,000 characters (maximum 2 pages) is required.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- Two references are required with at least one academic.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of their application.
International26550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26550 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Home/EU fees: £7,350 per year
- Overseas fees: £13,275 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.