The Master of Science in Experimental Biomedical Research at the the Universität Freiburg / Université de Fribourg provides opportunities for a broad learning experience in the area of biomedicine. It emphasizes research training and acquisition of practical skills that will enhance your capacity to take on a future employment and/or develop a career in research.
What will I learn?
- Advanced structure and function of biological systems
- Mechanisms underlying normal function and dysfunction of the human body at molecular, cellular and systems levels
- State of the art methods in biomedical research
- Essential skills: scientific thinking, formulation of scientific hypotheses, research project design, data analysis and interpretation
- Practical research skills necessary for scientific investigations in the medical field
- Academic research
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Medical technology
- Health care sector
Three options (majors) are offered:
- Infection, inflammation and cancer
- Cardiovascular and Metabolic Health
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Biotechnology View 9 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Holders of a Bachelor’s degree awarded from a Swiss University can be admitted to a Master’s degree course within the corresponding discipline (requires the acquisition of minimum 60 ECTS credits at Bachelor's level in the corresponding discipline) without any additional requirements.
- Holders of a Bachelor’s degree awarded from a Swiss university or holders of a Bachelor’s degree awarded by a foreign University, provided that the Bachelor's degree is recognized and considered equivalent by the University of Fribourg, can be admitted to a Master’s degree course within another discipline with prerequisites or additional requirements (can be completed during the Master’s degree course).
International1584 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 792 EUR per semester during 18 months.
EU/EEA1312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 656 EUR per semester during 18 months.
- CHF 720 - national
- CHF 870 - international
Living costs for Fribourg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.