CS offers six tracks, each of which leads to a frontier of computing: Artificial Intelligence, Computer Systems, High Performance Computing, Theoretical Computer Science, Visual Computing, and Computational Biosciences.
Among several applications, the Computer Science program at KAUST: King Abdullah University of Science and Technology focuses on large-scale networked computer systems, cloud computing, computational aerodynamics, computational biology, computer graphics, biomedical ontology, semantic integration, spatial-temporal databases, remote sensing, data mining, urban planning, environmental sensing, medical and biological disciplines (for the complete list of courses, please check the CS Program Guide provided below). CS is nonetheless in fast expansion and CEMSE’s program is on the front line offering students tools and the opportunities to break new ground.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The fields of research in the Computer Science program at KAUST include the following areas:
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Computational Biosciences
- Computer Systems and Databases
- High-Performance Computing
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Visual Computing
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- KAUST requires a minimum TOEFL score of 79 on the IBT (Internet Based Test) or 6.0 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System). The KAUST admissions code is 4107. Only official TOEFL or IELTS scores will be accepted. TOEFL or IELTS scores for tests administered by an educational institution for admission to that particular institution are not acceptable.
- A TOEFL or IELTS score is not required if the applicant received a degree from an accredited institution in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand.
- KAUST does not require the GRE exam for admission. However, we strongly encourage students to take the GRE general test.
- Submit an official, complete university Transcript/ Mark sheets/ Graduation Certificate/ Academic Record from every institution previously attended.
Living costs for Thuwal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.