This program at KAUST: King Abdullah University of Science and Technology comprises four focus areas: Water Quality, Chemistry, and Treatment; Environmental Microbiology and Biotechnology; Environmental Systems and Analysis; and Materials for Environmental Science and Engineering.
Students entering the program enroll in a set of core courses and then take technical elective courses that cover important areas in water and wastewater treatment technologies, water desalination, biotechnologies for resource recovery from waste streams, microbiological safety of water reuse, sustainability and management, surface science and materials for water, energy and environment. The core- plus elective courses will equip a student for a successful and productive career in these fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Master of Science (M.Sc.) degree is awarded upon successful completion of a minimum of 36 credit hours. A minimum GPA of 3.0 must be achieved to graduate. Individual courses require a minimum of a B- for course credit.
- Students are expected to complete the M.Sc. degree in three semesters. Satisfactory participation in every KAUST summer session is mandatory.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- KAUST requires a minimum TOEFL score of 79 on the IBT (Internet Based Test) or 6.0 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System). The KAUST admissions code is 4107. Only official TOEFL or IELTS scores will be accepted. TOEFL or IELTS scores for tests administered by an educational institution for admission to that particular institution are not acceptable.
- A TOEFL or IELTS score is not required if the applicant received a degree from an accredited institution in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand.
- KAUST does not require the GRE exam for admission. However, we strongly encourage students to take the GRE general test.
- Submit an official, complete university Transcript/ Mark sheets/ Graduation Certificate/ Academic Record from every institution previously attended.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.