Understanding and engineering these complex mechanisms is critical in areas such as global food security or health care, and requires combining in-depth knowledge with advanced methodology and out-of-the-box thinking.
To prepare students to be innovative contributors to life sciences, the Bioscience program comprises courses in cell and molecular biology, biophysics and computer science. Moreover, it interfaces smoothly with bioengineering as well as plant and marine sciences, and allows the choice of electives across all divisions.
The Bioscience program at the KAUST: King Abdullah University of Science and Technology is comprised of two tracks of self- contained courses consisting of lectures, seminars and laboratory classes. Each course provides an in-depth review of the subject and examples of current research in the field. In addition, the Bioscience program provides substantial and versatile hands-on research experience.
- The Master of Science (M.Sc.) degree is awarded upon successful completion of a minimum of 36 credit hours.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 must be achieved to graduate. Individual courses require a minimum of a B- for course credit.
- Students are expected to complete the M.Sc. degree in three semesters. Satisfactory participation in every KAUST summer session is mandatory.
- Antonio adamo
- Susana Agusti
- Salim Al Babili
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biotechnology View 3 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Saudi Arabia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- KAUST requires a minimum TOEFL score of 79 on the IBT (Internet Based Test) or 6.0 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System). The KAUST admissions code is 4107. Only official TOEFL or IELTS scores will be accepted. TOEFL or IELTS scores for tests administered by an educational institution for admission to that particular institution are not acceptable.
- A TOEFL or IELTS score is not required if the applicant received a degree from an accredited institution in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand.
- KAUST does not require the GRE exam for admission. However, we strongly encourage students to take the GRE general test.
- Submit an official, complete university Transcript/ Mark sheets/ Graduation Certificate/ Academic Record from every institution previously attended.
Living costs for Thuwal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.