Robotics, Control and Smart Systems from The American University in Cairo prepares students to integrate fundamental and advanced knowledge to solve complex interdisciplinary problems in the field of RCSS and work independently as well as collaboratively within interdisciplinary teams and prepared to be team leaders.
Students at Robotics, Control and Smart Systems from The American University in Cairo will:
- Have a broad foundation in both the theoretical and the practical skills of RCSS interdisciplinary knowledge space
- Demonstrate competitive professional advancement, and engage in advanced academic and research in areas of their interest within the industry, research centers, and academia both in the local and global environment
- Robotics: Kinematics, Dynamics and Control
- Embedded Real Time Systems
- Modern Control Design
- Applied Estimation
- Intelligent and Autonomous Robotic Systems
- Mechatronics Innovations and Experimental Robotics
- Bioinspired Robotics and Multi Robotic Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology General Engineering & Technology Robotics
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The American University in Cairo and/or in Egypt, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, with minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 in major area is required as a basic requirement or admissions into the RCSS master’s program.
- An online application for graduate studies
- Online payment of the application fee
- A statement of purpose
- An updated resume (CV)
- At least two online letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic or professional background
- Official academic records, of which one must be a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with proof of degree completion.
- Satisfactory English language proficiency test results
- Graduate students may be asked to demonstrate minimum competency in the use of computers and academic libraries as they relate to graduate study and research
- One recent passport size photograph (a clear electronic copy)
International24255 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 735 USD per credit during 12 months.
National19701 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 597 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Cairo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.