Nanotechnology from The American University in Cairo provides academic excellence in advanced sciences and technologies through an interdisciplinary education in the fields of materials science, physics, chemistry and engineering preparing students for careers in industry, education and research, with the capacity necessary to compete and excel in the ever-expanding world of nanotechnology.
Students at Nanotechnology from The American University in Cairo will:
Have the knowledge of the enabling technologies and the key aspects relevant to the application in nanotechnology
Foster a strong culture of interdisciplinary research and development at AUC, Egypt and the region
Engage in advanced academic and research careers
Excel in an interdisciplinary environment both as individuals and within a team
Seize and develop commercial opportunities in the fast-advancing nanotechnology field locally and globally
- Nanomaterials, Synthesis, Processing and Applications
- Simulation and Modeling for Nanoscale Materials and Systems
- Advanced Testing and Characterization Techniques
- Fabrication of Nanomaterials For Films And Devices
- Management and Economics of Nanotechnology
- Advanced Nanophysics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology Nanoscience and Nanotechnology View 18 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Egypt
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The American University in Cairo and/or in Egypt, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A bachelor’s degree in sciences or engineering, with minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 is required for admissions into the nanotechnology master’s program.
- An online application for graduate studies
- Online payment of the application fee
- A statement of purpose
- An updated resume (CV)
- At least two online letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic or professional background
- Official academic records, of which one must be a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with proof of degree completion.
- Satisfactory English language proficiency test results
- Graduate students may be asked to demonstrate minimum competency in the use of computers and academic libraries as they relate to graduate study and research
- One recent passport size photograph (a clear electronic copy)
International24255 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 735 USD per credit during 12 months.
National19701 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 597 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Cairo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.