Biotechnology from The American University in Cairo has proven to have a substantial impact on many fields including medicine, agriculture, environment, and industry. This program is multidisciplinary and is designed to bring together science, technology, and entrepreneurship.
Consequently, graduates of the Biotechnology program will be well-versed in all fundamental aspects of biotechnology through the construction of a firm foundation in the science and applications of biotechnology, and to provide an introduction to bio-entrepreneurship. The program gives students the flexibility to tailor their degree to their background, interests, and current/future career goals.
Students at Biotechnology from The American University in Cairo will:
be introduced to a combination of fundamentals and frontline applications in the field of biotechnology
know all about aspects of regulatory affairs, intellectual property issues, and ethics related to different aspects of biotechnology
be empowered to the principles and requirements of bio-entrepreneurship
gain a deep understanding of the research techniques and data analysis in the area of specialization
solve biotechnology-related problems, think critically, function well in a team, and communicate effectively
have a high standard of written and oral communication skills on technical matters
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Experimental Biotechnology
- Basics of Bioentrepreneurship
- Molecular Diagnosis
- Molecular Genetics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiotechnology Microbiology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The American University in Cairo and/or in Egypt, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A Bachelor’s degree in sciences or engineering, with a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0, is required for admission into the biotechnology master’s program.
- An online application for graduate studies
- Online payment of the application fee
- A statement of purpose
- An updated resume (CV)
- At least two online letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic or professional background
- Official academic records, of which one must be a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with proof of degree completion.
- Satisfactory English language proficiency test results
- Graduate students may be asked to demonstrate minimum competency in the use of computers and academic libraries as they relate to graduate study and research
- One recent passport size photograph (a clear electronic copy)
International24255 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 735 USD per credit during 12 months.
National19701 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 597 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Cairo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.