The objectives of the Mechanical Engineering at The American University in Cairo are to provide the graduates of the program with:
- A broad knowledge of modern computational and experimental methods in engineering.
- Detailed knowledge in engineering design, materials and manufacturing, industrial engineering, power and mechatronics.
- Awareness of the local and global context in which mechanical engineering is practiced, locally and globally, including economic and business practices, societal needs, and considerations of public health, safety, environment, culture and ethics.
- An ability to solve unstructured engineering problems, think critically, function well in a team, and communicate effectively.
- A high standard of written and oral communication on technical matters.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Students must complete 21 credits in graduate engineering and mechanical engineering courses. Up to nine ENGR credits from the Engineering Core courses listed under the Master of Science program in Mechanical Engineering may count toward the fulfillment of this core requirement.
- Students may elect to take three courses (9 credits). A minimum of two courses must be taken from offerings in mechanical engineering/ engineering disciplines (including ENGR). No more than one 400- level course, not in the student’s undergraduate major may be taken for graduate credit, subject to approval of the advisor and department chair.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An online application for graduate studies
- Online payment of the application fee
- The selection of up to two graduate programs for which the admission application will be processed
- A statement of purpose indicating the reasons of interest in the specific program
- An updated resume (CV) that must include work experience and educational background
- At least two online letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic or professional background.
- Official academic records, of which one must be a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with proof of degree completion.
- Clear copy of the information pages of your passport
- One recent passport size photograph
International735 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 735 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National522 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 522 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.