Electronics and Communications Engineering from The American University in Cairo is designed to offer students extensive knowledge in one of the following specializations: VLSI and nanosystems, communication systems, microwave and RF systems, digital and network systems and deep understanding of the research techniques and data analysis in the area of specialization.
Students at Electronics and Communications Engineering from The American University in Cairo will:
- gain an ability to solve unstructured engineering problems, think critically, function well in a team, and communicate effectively
- get a high standard of written and oral communication on technical matters
- Computational Methods in Engineering
- Experimental Methods in Engineering
- Engineering for a Sustainable Environment
- Engineering Statistics
- Advanced Solid-State Devices
- Advanced ASIC Design
- Analog Integrated Circuit Design
- Digital Integrated Circuit Design
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology Communications Engineering View 4 other Masters in Electronics & Embedded Technology in Egypt
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The American University in Cairo and/or in Egypt, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A candidate for the master’s program in Electronics and Communications Engineering must have a degree in engineering.
- Applicants for graduate study must have an accredited Bachelor’s degree with an academic record at a level sufficient to qualify for full or provisional admission.
- An online application for graduate studies
- Online payment of the application fee
- A statement of purpose
- An updated resume (CV)
- At least two online letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic or professional background
- Official academic records, of which one must be a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with proof of degree completion.
- Satisfactory English language proficiency test results
- Graduate students may be asked to demonstrate minimum competency in the use of computers and academic libraries as they relate to graduate study and research
- One recent passport size photograph (a clear electronic copy)
International17640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 735 USD per credit during 12 months.
National14328 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 597 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Cairo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.