Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages (TESOL) from The American University in Cairo aims to engage students in the most modern theoretical understanding of linguistics and cross-cultural studies in English-teaching environments, develop leadership capabilities, prepare teachers and administrators who are lifelong learners and encourage student participation in inquiry to advance new knowledge in the discipline.
Graduates from AUC's MA in TESOL teach and direct programs in institutions of higher education and English language programs in Egypt, the Arab world, the United States and many other countries; pursue doctoral studies in top Egyptian, American and British universities; are experts and leaders in regional and Western institutions; serve as faculty members and chairs of programs; are prominent authors in TESOL and applied linguistics; and hold key positions in important international organizations and specialized centers such as the Center for Applied Linguistics in Washington, DC, AMIDEAST in Cairo and TESOL International.
- Methods of TESOL
- Principles of Linguistic Analysis
- Research Methods in Applied Linguistics
- English Grammar
- Second Language Acquisition
- Assessment in Language Learning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Teaching English View 3 other Masters in Teaching in Egypt
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The American University in Cairo and/or in Egypt, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants for graduate study must have an accredited Bachelor’s degree with an academic record at a level sufficient to qualify for full or provisional admission.
- An online application for graduate studies
- Online payment of the application fee
- A statement of purpose
- An updated resume (CV)
- At least two online letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic or professional background
- Official academic records, of which one must be a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with proof of degree completion.
- Satisfactory English language proficiency test results
- Graduate students may be asked to demonstrate minimum competency in the use of computers and academic libraries as they relate to graduate study and research
- One recent passport size photograph (a clear electronic copy)
International24255 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 735 USD per credit during 12 months.
National19701 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 597 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Cairo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.