The Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages program at The American University in Cairo attract an international student body and combine rigorous academic standards with an appropriate balance between theory and practice.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Methods of TESOL
- Principles of Linguistic Analysis
- Research Methods in Applied Linguistics
- English Grammar
- Second Language Acquisition
- Assessment in Language Learning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Teaching Linguistics
- An online application for graduate studies
- Online payment of the application fee
- The selection of up to two graduate programs for which the admission application will be processed
- A statement of purpose indicating the reasons of interest in the specific program
- An updated resume (CV) that must include work experience and educational background
- At least two online letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic or professional background.
- Official academic records, of which one must be a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with proof of degree completion.
- Clear copy of the information pages of your passport
- One recent passport size photograph
It is desirable that applicants for the Master of Arts degree in TESOL have teaching experience prior to admission into the program; they may also acquire this experience concurrent with the program.
International735 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 735 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National522 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 522 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.