Global Affairs from The American University in Cairo aims to allow students to analyse the national processes through which global principles influence and interact with policies at the country level.
The mission of the MGA program is to support public, private, nongovernmental and multilateral organizations in Egypt, the region and globally, by equipping young professionals with the knowledge and skills needed in the conduct of global affairs, from the national, regional and multilateral perspectives. Students will develop skills in the analysis of global issues, development of policies and strategies, and their implementation and governance through a range of institutions in order to meet the needs of a changing world, particularly regarding states at different levels of influence and development, as well as their citizens.
Graduates of the program hold positions as international cooperation analysts, global engagement analysts, security analysts. Job opportunities also include positions such as international regional directors, regional deputy directors, and jobs in the field of intergovernmental affairs.
- International Organization in Global Governance
- Diplomacy: Theory and Practice
- Essentials of Public Policy and Administration
- Research Methods for Public Policy and Administration
- International Law
- Issues in International Security
- Economics for Public Policy Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory International Relations International Development View 6 other Masters in International Relations in Egypt
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The American University in Cairo and/or in Egypt, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants for graduate study must have an accredited Bachelor’s degree with an academic record at a level sufficient to qualify for full or provisional admission.
- An online application for graduate studies
- Online payment of the application fee
- A statement of purpose
- An updated resume (CV)
- At least two online letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic or professional background
- Official academic records, of which one must be a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with proof of degree completion.
- Satisfactory English language proficiency test results
- Graduate students may be asked to demonstrate minimum competency in the use of computers and academic libraries as they relate to graduate study and research
- One recent passport size photograph (a clear electronic copy)
International24255 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 735 USD per credit during 12 months.
National19701 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 597 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Cairo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.