Information Security and Digital Forensics from Auckland University of Technology addresses the need for professionals in this field. It also develops skills in discovering and recording digital forensic evidence of crimes and malicious behaviour by extracting data from networks, hard drives, cell phones and other digital devices.
- Computer forensic and security specialist
- Computer forensic technician
- Corporate and business IT forensic and security personnel
- Forensic analyst
- Forensic technology investigator
- Forensic computer examiner
- Forensic computing specialist
- Electronic forensic investigator
- Independent IT forensic consultants
- Information security specialist
- Information system auditors
- Members of computer emergency response teams
- Members of high technology police units
- Network and IT system administrators
- Software developers and architects
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Information Security
- Cryptography and Cryptanalysis
- Digital Forensics Tools and Techniques
- STEM Research Methods
- Next Generation Networking
- Internet of Things and Applications
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
International applications will be processed up to the start of the semester depending on availability
DisciplinesForensic Science IT Security Software Engineering View 22 other Masters in Software Engineering in New Zealand
- Bachelor of Computer and Information Sciences (or equivalent) with a B grade average in level 7 courses
- May be required to supply references and attend a selection interview
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5 overall with all bands 6.0 or higher; or equivalent
International27491 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27491 USD per year during 18 months.
National6422 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6422 USD per year during 18 months.
- Domestic: 8,807 NZD per year
- International: 37,701 NZD per year
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.