The program aims to support artistic innovation and cultural development worldwide, spreading the managerial culture needed for the arts industry to achieve its desired level of excellence. Leveraging Italy’s excellence in cultural heritage and artistic production, the MAMA - Arts Management and Administration from SDA Bocconi School of Management aims to support artistic innovation and cultural development worldwide, by strengthening the leadership and management skills required for arts organizations to thrive, and for your career to flourish.
Who is it for?
The Arts Management and Administration program from SDA Bocconi School of Management is the Master for you if:
- You are passionate about arts and culture and are looking for a well-rounded managerial preparation, with a specialized focus on the art world and on the cultural industries
- You want a career as a professional, manager, consultant, or entrepreneur in artistic and cultural fields
- You want to improve your managerial expertise in one of Europe’s leading schools of management
- You want to get in touch with top Italian and international arts organizations and their leaders
What Can the Arts World Expect from MAMA?
The final mission of MAMA staff and participants is to sustain the development and diffusion of arts and to support the growth of art institutions. For this reason we are committed to partnering with arts organizations who are looking to improve their management capacity.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
MAMA is an intense full-time program. The learning model provides class sessions and case studies combined with many active methods such as assignments, simulations, company visits etc. You will meet experienced SDA Bocconi Arts Management faculty, but also international visiting professors from all over Europe and the USA, as well as professionals, artists, and executives in the field.
- Core courses (Introduction to Arts Management, Strategic Management for Non-Profit Organizations in the Arts, Basic Accounting, Organization, People Management, Cost and Performance Management in Arts Organizations, …)
- MAMA Grand Tour in Italy
- Soft skills and context seminars
- Internship or your own start-up
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Strategic Management Museum Studies View 7 other Masters in Museum Studies in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A university degree in any discipline - with preference for candidates with a background in the Humanities or any Social Sciences
- Two years professional experience with an international profile
- Fluency in English. If your mother tongue is not English you are required to submit a TOEFL, IELTS, PTE Academic or CPE result
- SDA test. Details on the SDA test will be communicated by Admissions Service once the pre-selection is complete
- An interview with the program director either in Milano at SDA Bocconi, or remotely by a video call
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA28000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
The total fee is €28.000 to be paid in four installments.
Living costs for Milano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Scholarships & tuition waivers are awarded on the basis of merit to candidates with an outstanding profile. Admission to the program is independent of the awarding of any scholarship or tuition waiver.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.