The Master Degree in Cellular and Molecular Biology (CMB) from University of Turin is a two year second level degree (Biology class) entirely taught in English, and designed for BA graduates who are seeking an in-depth knowledge in Molecular and Cellular Biology, and the ability to exploit this knowledge in advanced areas of Applied Biology Sciences, such as Biomedicine, Biotechnology, and Neurosciences.
In the common part, students will acquire a state-of-the-art knowledge of advanced Biomolecular and Cellular Biology disciplines. Specific courses are: Advanced Cellular Biology and Biotechnology, Advanced Molecular Biology, Cell Physiology, Bioinformatics, Molecular Pharmacology.
Then the specific Biomolecular, Biomedical and Neurobiological curricular educational activities will enable students to deepen their knowledge and skills respectively in the fields of:
- Protein structure, proteomics, biophysics, transcriptomics, bioinformatics and systems biology.
- Human anatomy, immunopathology and oncology, medical and cancer genetics with particular respect to cellular and molecular mechanisms of diseases.
- Human and comparative neuromorphology, cellular neurobiology, molecular and developmental neurobiology.
Students will also acquire a state-of-the-art knowledge in advanced experimental methodologies provided both by theoretical and practical courses and by preparation of the experimental thesis work that will produce a Dissertation, as an essential achievement of the CMB programme.
Together, these activities will provide a good grasp of the scientific method of investigation, sufficient to allow to work independently, and to participate in the design and execution of experiments, as well as in the interpretation and presentation of data
Who will I become?
Graduates in Cellular and Molecular Biology can carry out professional activities and management recognized by the in force rules as skills of the Biologists in all the specific applicative areas. While these are partially overlapping with those of the Bachelor graduates, the Master Degree in Cellular and Molecular Biology confers a wide culture and a high professional profile, allowing a good level of decision-making autonomy. In particular, graduates in Cellular and Molecular Biology will receive tools in order to:
- enroll in the 'A' section of the Biologist National Register, upon getting through the State Exam;
- settle in professional and planning activities in basic and applied Research Institutes, in public and private bioanalytic laboratories, in the pharmaceutical industry, in promotional and developmental activities in the field of scientific and technological innovation, as well as in management and planning activities involving cellular and molecular technologies;
- enroll in PhD Schools, in Italy or abroad;
- enroll in Specialty Medical Schools opened to LM-6 graduates
Where will I work?
The Biologist works in public or private Research Institutes, enterprises and industries, in several fields: biomedicine, molecular biology and biotechnology, genetics, environment, water, air, soil and food hygiene, physical chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology, toxicology, pharmacology and in quality control procedures.
In particular, graduates in Cellular and Molecular Biology can work in:
- Universities, Research Centers, hospitals, diagnosis centers, Regional Agency for Environment Protection, industries (pharmaceutical, food, agroindustrial, etc.);
- State Education, as teachers.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Cell Biology and Biotechnology
- Advanced Molecular Biology
- Behavioral Neuroendocrinology
- Cancer Genetics
- Cellular Neurobiology
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Developmental Neurobiology
- Forensic Genetics and Legal Medicine
- Human Anatomy
- Image Analysis Laboratory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences Neuroscience View 8 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Possession of a Bachelor Degree (three-year first level degree) achieved in Italy or other equivalent qualifications obtained from a foreign University and recognized as satisfactory by the Master Admission Committee.
- An adequate academic background. This requirement will be verified through a written test that comprises 50 multiple choice questions. To be admitted, at least 60% of the proposed questions must be correctly answered.
exemptions and reductions for students with ISEE equal or lower than 30.000,99 €
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.