Intercultural Theology from University of Göttingen aims at equipping graduates to foster intercultural, interreligious and interdenominational communication and cooperation. The programme enables students to conduct in-depth scientific work in regards to theologically responsible practice within intercultural and interreligious communication and education processes.
The degree qualifies graduates for fields of occupations in works and institutions of missions and ecumenisms, of churches in Germany and abroad, church communions (World Council of Churches, Luther World Federation) as well as for work in non-governmental organisations, media, institutions of adult education or scientific institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In addition to intercultural and contextual theology and project work, students obtain fundamental skills in intercultural communication and are supposed to learn basic German, and get the opportunity to learn relevant languages of the Christian tradition (e.g. Hebrew, Greek).
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed course of study in Theology (Bachelor, church examination, exam, “Diplom”, 1st state examination/M.Ed. or equivalent) in Germany or abroad,or Completed course of study of a relevant subject (e.g. Cultural Anthropology, Religious Science, Indology, African Studies, Development Studies, Sociology, Political Science etc).
- Students must go through the selection procedure of the Faculty. Number of study places available: 20 per semester.
- Proof of language proficiency required for the degree programme
- Statutory declaration (Eidesstattliche Versicherung)
International768 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 384 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA768 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 384 EUR per semester during 24 months.
The semester fees comprise administration fees, student body fees and a Studentenwerk fee.
Living costs for Göttingen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.