Developmental, Neural, and Behavioural Biology from University of Göttingen caters to students who have a special interest in development-biological processes, in the structure and functioning of nervous systems, in behavioural research, or in the systemic neurosciences. The lecturers are scientists working with the University, the German Primate Center, and several Max Planck Institutes; a great variety of subject matters is taught, ranging from cellular functions to cognitive performance. Prior knowledge in the desired area is required.
Students at Developmental, Neural, and Behavioural Biology from University of Göttingen will:
- acquire fundamental specialist and methodological knowledge by taking core, profile, and advanced modules.
- learn how to conduct scientific research independently.
- deal autonomously with a current scientific topic usually embedded in a third-party funded project.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cell biology
- Behavioral biology
- Social behavior and communication
- Human genetics
- Systems biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Neuroscience Genetics View 82 other Masters in Biology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- B.A. in Biology / Biosciences
- Proof of language proficiency required for the degree programme
- Statutory declaration (Eidesstattliche Versicherung) (not mandatory when applying for a higher semester)
International768 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 384 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA768 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 384 EUR per semester during 24 months.
The semester fees comprise administration fees, student body fees and a Studentenwerk fee.
Living costs for Göttingen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.