The goal of the Chemistry programme of Eötvös Loránd University is to give an advanced level knowledge in the major fields of analytical, inorganic, organic and physical chemistry. The program involves obligatory lectures and laboratory practices in all four fields. (Semi)elective courses offer the opportunity of tuning the program content according to interest.
A good background in BSc level chemistry enables the student to focus on his/her topic of interest right from the beginning. Those who are less knowledgeable in basic chemistry must complete resuming courses.
In the frame of the program research experience can be gained in at least one main discipline of chemistry. Skill can be acquired in developing and applying ideas within a research project.
Specializations: Academic specializations can be obtained if the number of the specialized courses sums up to 26 credits in different grouping of the courses.
Strength of program
The strength of the program is the combination of solid background knowledge with research activities performed at internationally recognized laboratories of the Institute of Chemistry.
Positions in various fields of chemistry may be occupied. Firms in pharmaceutical or food industry, environment analysis are typical targets. Further studies for a PhD degree is also a popular option.
Chemist working in e.g. analytical, pharmaceutical, material structure research or synthetic field. Production manager, food chemist, computational chemist, researcher in chemistry etc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Modern Instrumental Methods in Analytical Chemistry
- Organometallic Chemistry
- Structural Chemistry
- Organometallic Chemistry and Catalysis Laboratory Practice
- Theoretical Organic Chemistry
- Organic Syntheses from Microscale to Industrial Scale
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Molecular Sciences View 9 other Masters in Chemistry in Hungary
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The successful applicant must have a BSc degree in Chemistry, in Chemical Engineering or in any similar degree including reasonable amount of chemistry (at least 40 ECTS chemistry) in the curriculum. Certificates required for application need not be translated, they are accepted in most of the European languages.
- Minimum level of language proficiency (oral) (A1-C2): B2
- Minimum level of language proficiency (written) (A1-C2): B2
- Online application form
- Bachelor-level degree
- Transcript of records
- Medical certificate
- Copy of application fee transfer
- The successful applicant must have a good command of English. Several kind of internationally respected certificates of English language are accepted.
International8380 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4190 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA8380 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4190 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.