The Mathematics programme of Eötvös Loránd University has a great variety of courses from which the students can choose. On the other hand the rules will also enforce that students graduating from the program will have a broad knowledge in many areas of mathematics. Besides offering introduction and basic foundation in many areas, some of the subjects lead to up-to-date research results.
Strenghts of program
Most of the teachers of the program have experience in teaching at foreign universities, including North American institutions; hence they have an adequate command of English. On the other hand young mathematicians, bringing in freshness and new momentum, are also included in the program. Our instructors all have scientific degrees and good research record. Examples show that graduating from our program is a very good starting point for doctoral or (at a later stage) postdoctoral studies.
Our graduates will be able to apply for Ph.D. studies either at Eötvös Loránd University or anywhere in the world. Many students will, however, continue their career immediately in the industrial research and development, often at high tech industries in telecommunication, financial institutions or insurance companies or in software development of such research giants as Google.
- University professor
- Research mathematician in a research institute
- System analyst in a financial institution (bank, investment, insurance)
- High tech industry
- Teacher of mathematics
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Basic algebra
- Basic geometry
- Complex functions
- Differential geometry
- Probability and statistics
- Reading course in analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 4 other Masters in Actuarial Science in Hungary
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BSc degree in Mathematics or in a related field (Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.) in the latter case at leat 65 credits in Mathematics is required.
- English language proficiency test (almost any test is accepted). Note, however that it is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure that he/she will be able to follow the English language lectures and fulfill the requirements. No extra language courses will be organized by the university for free.
- Minimum level of language proficiency (oral) (A1-C2): B2
- Minimum level of language proficiency (written) (A1-C2): B2
- Online application form
- Bachelor-level degree
- Transcript of records
- Motivation letter
- Letter of recommendation
- Copy of the main pages of the passport
- Passport photo
- Medical certificate
- Certificate of clean criminal records
- Copy of application fee transfer
- Copy of the Entrance exam fee transfer
International8380 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4190 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA8380 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4190 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.