The Mathematics program at American University of Sharjah (AUS) is designed to train students with different professional goals, ranging from employment or career advancement in business, industry or government, to basic training in foundations needed to obtain a research career or pursue a PhD in mathematics or mathematics-related fields.
Upon completion of the program, graduates should be able to:
- Apply advanced mathematical analysis to mathematical models
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of a broad domain of mathematics from (but not all) areas such as analysis, algebra, geometry and applied mathematics
- Formulate and construct proofs
- Clearly communicate mathematical concepts
- Apply advanced mathematical techniques in their professional activities
- Conduct independent research in specialized areas of mathematics
- Employ mathematical methods to model and solve practical problems
- Formulate problems in mathematical terms arising in related areas such as engineering, finance and the natural sciences
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Real Analysis
- Abstract Algebra
- Methods of Applied Mathematics
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 13 other Masters in Mathematics in United Arab Emirates
- hold a four-year bachelor’s degree from an independently accredited university recognized by the UAE Ministry of Education’s Higher Education Affairs Division and by AUS (applicants with a bachelor’s degree obtained outside the UAE must submit an equivalency of their degree from the UAE Ministry of Education’s Higher Education Affairs Division)
- have attained a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.00 (on a scale of 4.00) or its equivalent, and 3.00 or its equivalent in 300- and 400-level courses in discipline(s) relevant to the graduate program
International5166 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25830 EUR for the full programme during 60 months.
National5166 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25830 EUR for the full programme during 60 months.
Living costs for Sharjah
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.