The Mechanical Engineering program at American University of Sharjah (AUS) is designed for those whose goal is to work in the different subdisciplines of mechanical engineering, including thermal and green energy systems, fluid systems, solid mechanics, design and manufacturing, and dynamics and control. Our program enhances the technical skills of all mechanical engineers to meet today's demands as well as those of the future.
Based on high standards similar to those followed in the United States, this program educates mechanical engineers on solving challenging mechanical engineering problems well beyond what they encounter at the undergraduate level.
The mission of the Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (MSME) program at AUS is to prepare professionals for advanced careers and/or doctoral studies related to mechanical engineering. The program is continuously striving to create a stimulating proactive learning environment that promotes excellence in teaching and research to assist the students in becoming competent, innovative, and responsible professionals.
Our Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (MSME) program is accredited by the Commission for Academic Accreditation of the Ministry of Education's Higher Education Affairs Division in the United Arab Emirates.
Upon graduation, an AUS MSME graduate should demonstrate the ability to:
- perform research emphasizing creativity, independent learning and scientific methods in a chosen area of mechanical engineering
- apply advanced mathematics and engineering knowledge in identifying, formulating and solving engineering problems
- select and use techniques, skills and modern tools necessary for research or professional practice
- communicate effectively
- recognize the need for, and engage in, life-long learning
- attend to professional and ethical responsibilities
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 51 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Arab Emirates
- hold a four-year bachelor’s degree from an independently accredited university recognized by the UAE Ministry of Education’s Higher Education Affairs Division and by AUS (applicants with a bachelor’s degree obtained outside the UAE must submit an equivalency of their degree from the UAE Ministry of Education’s Higher Education Affairs Division)
- have attained a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.00 (on a scale of 4.00) or its equivalent.
International39915 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39915 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
National39915 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39915 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Sharjah
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.