The Computer Science programme of Eötvös Loránd University provides students with a broad education in Computer Science in combination with specialized work in programming languages, cyber security, data science, web engineering, autonomous systems, multimedia design etc.
Students learn the theory as well as the methodologies and techniques in the development and implementation of computer systems. The more practical programming courses are aided by several courses in pure and applied mathematics and theoretical computer science courses throughout the curriculum.
This program is recommended to applicants who
- want to partake in innovative and well grounded education for the next generation of service designers and software architects capable of designing and engineering novel software system.
- want to conduct analyses to detect, discover and better understand the abounding data around us generated by social media, manufacturing systems, medical devices, logistic services, and countless others on a daily basis.
- want to be a responsible cybersecurity specialists with the right knowledge and skills to be able to contribute to make the digital world a safer place.
This program enables students to
- work in teams to guide the software development process (modern and agile software engineering methodologies integrated with design thinking and User Centric/Service Design methods) of complex information systems.
- gain in-depth technical skills in scalable data collection techniques and data analysis methods. They learn how to use and develop a suite of tools and technologies that address data capture, processing, storage, transfer, analysis, visualisation, and related concepts (e.g., data access, data pricing, and data privacy).
- be valuable in open innovation settings where different aspects (market, users, social aspects, media technologies) come together, through their multidisciplinary attitude.
Strength of program
The high standard of training is guaranteed by the highly qualified academic staff. Teaching is supported by modern infrastructure and well equipped computer labs (artificial intelligence, databases, and robotics). The library of the Faculty contains several thousand volumes. Upper-yearstudents and PhD students help the first-year students in a mentor system to overcome their first challenges at the university.
In addition to the high level of theoretical training, the Faculty's relationship with the business community, the joint research and development projects offer up-to-date practical knowledge and experience to the students. The Faculty has concluded bilateral agreements with numerous universities in the world, which allows students to study one or two semesters or participate in research projects at a partner institution.
Extracurricular undergraduate research activities of the students are supported and supervised by leading scientists of the Faculty. These students present their findings at a conference organised by the Faculty every year. Workshops are also organised with international partners.
Software Designers are welcome in every sector of informatics. Jobs are offered by large international computer companies, outstanding firms, banks, large enterprises, state institutions, software development companies, research institutes and universities where they may be engaged in the preparation of integrated data processing systems, electronic trade transactions and electronic money transfers, solving telecommunication problems (networks, programming mobile phones), performing image recognition, computer-aided design, image processing or preparing multimedia applications.
Data science is a highly innovative area. Social media, manufacturing systems, medical devices, logistic services, and countless others generate petabytes of data on a daily basis. The data scientist simultaneously masters scalable data management, data analysis and domain area expertise to extract key knowledge and solve real-world problems.
Cybersecurity is also a burgeoning field for the design and development of new products and services. Graduates will easily find jobs within companies that provide value-added products and services, such as telecom companies, game companies, e-learning, web developers, and the entertainment industry.
- Software and services designer
- Software architect
- Information system architect
- Systems designer / engineer
- Data Scientist
- Data Analyst
- Security Analyst / Information Security Architect / Cyber Security Specialist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Interactive media design and development
Models of computation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Cyber Security Software Engineering View 10 other Masters in Software Engineering in Hungary
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Holding a BSc degree in Computer Science or obtaining altogether at least 60 ECTS credits in informatics and mathematical subjects related to computer science during a completed Bachelor’s program.
- Minimum level of language proficiency (oral) (A1-C2): B2
- Minimum level of language proficiency (written) (A1-C2): B2
- Online application form
- Secondary school certificate
- Bachelor-level degree
- Transcript of records
- Motivation letter
- Copy of the main pages of the passport
- Passport photo
- Medical certificate
- Language certificate
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3000 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3000 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- Application fee 140 EUR
- Registration fee 60 EUR
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.