Building on the strengths of your undergraduate degree, the Master of Teaching (Primary) prepares you to be a critically reflective teacher, responsive to the diverse needs of learners and communities. You'll develop effective teaching skills across the range of subjects taught in NSW primary schools: English; mathematics; science; technology; creative arts; human society and its environment; and personal development, health and physical education.
- Develop your skills
As well as focusing on high-level practical competence, this degree provides a greater depth of understanding of theory and current research findings. You'll graduate with enhanced skills in interpreting, applying and conducting classroom research.
- Benefit from flexible study options
Online delivery provides real flexibility, allowing you to choose when and where you complete your degree.
- Learn from nationally recognised leaders
Our dedicated teaching staff have made substantial contributions to research, policy and curriculum development over many years.
- Gain practical experience while you study
This degree includes two 30-day professional experience placements to develop your skills. By the time you graduate, you'll be ready to put the latest developments in learning and teaching into practice.
- We're here to help
Charles Sturt University offers personalised support and academic assistance, including continual contact with your subject coordinator throughout work placements.
The Master of Teaching (Primary) is your opportunity to explore your passion for education in an ever-changing world, and provide children with a learning experience that will see them develop and take form as tomorrow's leaders. You'll graduate qualified to teach children from kindergarten to Year 6 in government and non-government schools, and you may go on to pursue leadership roles such as lead teacher, assistant principal and principal. This degree provides a distinct advantage in the job market and lays a strong foundation for future professional development.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Assessment and Reporting
- Learning and Development
- Successful Teaching
- Managing the Classroom Environment
- Indigenous Studies for Teachers
- Principles of Inclusive Education
- Professional Experience
- Professional Experience Research
- Primary English Curriculum: Understanding Language and Literacy
- Primary English Curriculum
- Mathematics in the Primary Years
- Mathematics: Content and Pedagogy
- Science and Technology Curriculum
- Curriculum Studies: Society and Environment
- Teaching and Assessing the Creative Arts
- PDHPE Curriculum and Pedagogy
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 116 other Masters in Education in Australia
Provider CRICOS 00005F
- This is a graduate entry degree. For entry into this course applicants must hold a prior bachelor's award and have an appropriate academic background in the Key Learning Areas (KLAs) as determined by NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA), previously NSW Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards (BOSTES).
International22720 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22720 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National6656 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6656 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!