This 2-year, full time course will help you leverage your existing qualification and combine it with a comprehensive integrated learning schedule to ensure that you meet both Australian Physiotherapy Association requirements, and your own career objectives in the most expediate way possible.
This course is unique to UC and has been specifically designed to help you not only graduate faster, but also enter the physiotherapy industry with a highly competitive edge.
So if you’re a health graduate that has been considering pursuing a career path more in line with your passion or purpose - then look no further than the UC Master of Physiotherapy course – and take your career to another level – fast.
Study a Master of Physiotherapy from University of Canberra and you will:
- become a skilled practitioner capable of working in a variety of settings
- receive an integrated learning mix of lecture, laboratory and tutorial sessions with a strong professional practice component
- gain the knowledge, skills, ethical appreciation and the clinical decision-making confidence required to practice as a physiotherapist
- gain professional experience in public hospitals and private practices in the ACT, regional NSW or across Australia
- undertake a series of problem based clinical studies to further develop your skills and adaptability
- acquire research skills and learn how to challenge established theories against a body of knowledge in the areas of growth and development, movement dysfunction, pathology or degeneration
The Master of Physiotherapy course at UC is fully accredited by the Australian Physiotherapy Council. Graduates are eligible for registration as a Physiotherapist by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.A range of careers are available for Master of Physiotherapy students including:
- women’s health
The course has been accredited by the Australian Physiotherapy Council. Graduates of the Master of Physiotherapy are eligible for registration as a Physiotherapist by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Musculoskeletal Interventions
- Health Professional Practice
- Cardiothoracic Interventions
- Neurological Interventions
- Musculoskeletal Interventions
- Paediatric Interventions
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Physiotherapy Health Sciences View 203 other Masters in Human Medicine in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- a completed bachelor degree in a health science discipline* with a credit or higher average, and
- degree level studies in musculoskeletal anatomy, advanced functional anatomy, physiology of exercise and biomechanics.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International48000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48000 AUD per year during 24 months.
National35000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35000 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.