This 2-year full-time course covers the science, chemical composition and application of medication, how medication impacts the human body; and how to apply scientific theory to the clinical reasoning and evaluation for an individual patient’s medication.
This course has been specially designed to help bring you up to speed with the latest industry theories, research and innovations quickly and efficiently; and eventually provide you with the knowledge, skills, and qualifications required to become an officially registered and respected UC Pharmacy graduate.
If you want an internationally recognised career in an ever-expanding industry which offers a positive impact on patients’ lives, then sign up for the UC Master of Pharmacy course today.
Complete a Master of Pharmacy from University of Canberra and you will:
- explore the theory and practical science of pharmacy
- study within a small and specialised learning environment
- gain the necessary knowledge, exposure, attitudes and clinical decision-making skills required to practice as a pharmacist
- engage through lectures, practical laboratory classes, and clinical placements
- undertake a series of problem-based clinical studies
- develop an understanding of healthcare consumers' needs
- gain direct experience of the regulatory side of pharmacy practice.
- be challenged by leading academics and industry experts
- establish essential professional networks
As the aging population continues to grow globally, the demand for qualified and skilled pharmacists who can also engage with patients across all demographics is expected to increase. UC Master of Pharmacy graduate will enter this market with the benefit of having been trained in a smaller, more personal, learning environment resulting in each student receiving a higher level of mentored education.
What this means is that UC Master of Pharmacy graduates are industry respected and will be more than adequately prepared for a variety of career options in either private or government pharmaceutical organisations.
Alternatively, graduates will also have the option to gain further qualifications by returning to university at a later date to continue their studies.
This course is accredited by the Australia Pharmacy Council (APC).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Planning
- Biopharmaceutics and Advanced Formulations
- Clinical Therapeutics
- Dispensary and Logistics
- Pharmacy Practice
- Quality Use of Medicines
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Pharmacy View 21 other Masters in Pharmacy in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- a completed bachelor degree in any discipline with a credit or higher average, and
- a minimum of one unit (subject) of degree level (or higher) study in each of the following disciplines - chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology, anatomy and physiology, and pharmacology.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International39500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39500 AUD per year during 24 months.
National29900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29900 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.