This study path is perfect for students who are committed to a career transforming the lives of everyday people, groups, and communities and are serious about earning the qualifications to prove it.
In this course, you will get to develop a deeper understanding and appreciation of health-related issues, top up your credentials with researched based competencies; and gain valuable on-the-job experience in real life scenarios.
Successful completion of this course will earn you a qualification recognised by Occupational Therapy Australia and the World Federation of Occupational Therapists which can open doors and opportunities in the health profession on a global scale.
Study a Master of Occupational Therapy from University of Canberra and you will:
- learn how to work with people and communities to enhance their ability to engage in the occupations they need to, want to, or are expected to perform in
- work with a variety of people, including those who have an impairment of body structure or function, are restricted in their participation or are socially excluded
UC Master of Occupational Therapy students will graduate into an industry that is expected to experience enormous and continuous growth as the aging population of Australia, and the rest of the world continues to grow.
As a result, there is expected to be a high demand for those with a master’s in occupational therapy to help guide research and policy practices in a variety of areas including aged care, disability services, paediatric services as well as many other community-based support services.
Once graduated, students can choose to continue with further study, or move into a variety of jobs in a range of public, private and voluntary sectors, including:
- homes, schools, and workplaces
- health and rehabilitation centres
- supported accommodation
- aged care
The Master of Occupational Therapy at the University of Canberra fulfills the requirements for entry level education of occupational therapists and has been awarded the status of a professionally accredited occupational therapy course by Occupational Therapy Australia and the World Federation of Occupational Therapists
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Planning
- Foundations of Occupational Therapy
- Occupational Therapy Professional Practice
- Humans as Occupational Beings
- Occupation in Context
- Occupational Therapy in Mental Health
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Occupational Health and Safety View 33 other Masters in Physiotherapy in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed bachelor's degree in any discipline with a credit or higher average.
- Admission to this course is competitive. Applications will be assessed on the basis of academic merit and the number of available places.
- Please be advised that if you submit your application after the advertised closing date, your application may not be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International42200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42200 AUD per year during 24 months.
National29900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29900 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.