The first Sustainability Studies offered by Trent University of its kind in Canada, this program encourages you to tailor your educational experience. Pursue your interests as you explore the sustainability of human societies and the natural environment.
At Trent, you will work with award-winning scholars, leading academics and practitioners as you contemplate complex challenges. Your education and research will be contributing directly to the understanding of environmental sustainability, economic prosperity, and social responsibility.
Whether you’re headed for further academic training, or setting out to meet the growing demand for highly qualified personnel in the public and private sectors, you will be preparing to make a difference.
Make connections with organizations that strive to minimize the environmental footprint while contributing to the economic and social advancement of communities in which they operate.
Prepare for a cutting-edge career in the green economy, social enterprise and entrepreneurship.
Live and learn in a spectacular campus that walks the talk of a sustainable community.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
Perspectives on Sustainability
Student Faculty & Community Colloquium
Indigenous Settler Relations
Sustainable Rural Communities
Perspectives on the Canadian North
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development View 43 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- B.Sc. or B.A. honours degree (a four year undergraduate bachelor's degree) in a related field
- At least A- (80%, GPA 3.7) in the last ten (10) undergraduate credits
- Appropriate previous education and training, plus feasible proposed course of study and research project
- A foundation in appropriate research methodology
- A potential supervisor must be chosen as an admission requirement to this program and this must be discussed in your plan of study
- (Please visit our Faculty and Research Page for our listing of faculty and areas of research. An applicant must reach out to a faculty member)
- A GRE test score is not required for admission into this program
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21626 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21626 CAD per year during 24 months.
National8090 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8090 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Oshawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.