To meet the demand for researchers and scientists in this field, Trent University and the University of Ontario Institute of Technology jointly offer innovative, interdisciplinary M.Sc. and Ph.D. programs, focusing on the fundamental science of materials. Designed for graduates of science programs who want a career in interdisciplinary research, the M.Sc. program in Materials Science will develop knowledge and research experience at the interface of chemistry, physics, biology, and engineering. The program emphasizes core science and an emphasis on the development of science communication skills
At Trent University, you will build on fundamental science principles for your independent research project, developing skills in project management and effective communication of technical information. Comprised of coursework and a thesis, your degree will prepare you for a career in research and development in the public or private sector.
- M.Sc. students may apply for transfer to the Ph.D. program after one year.
- Work alongside dedicated faculty members with state-of-the-art equipment.
- Prepare for modern work environments and lifelong learning.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Physics and Astronomy
- Solid State Theory
- Computational Physics
- Silicon Chemistry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering View 24 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- B.Sc. Honours degree (a four year undergraduate bachelor's degree) in Physics, Chemistry, Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum B+ (77%) or equivalent in the work of the last four semesters or the last two undergraduate years (last ten full credits)
- A potential supervisor must be chosen as an admission requirement to this program and this must be discussed in your plan of study
International21267 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21267 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National8929 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8929 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.