Become a catalyst for change in what is often called “the Age of the Environment.” Pose the critical questions about the issues of our time, and study alongside experts to find the answers. Explore environmental issues that will shape our future: the conservation of biodiversity, the spread of contaminants and infectious diseases, the matters of sustainability and water quality.
At Trent University, as part of the prestigious M.Sc. in Environmental and Life Sciences, you’ll generate knowledge and contribute to the future. Inspired by top-notch professors from diverse disciplines, as well as scientists from governmental and non-governmental organizations, you’ll help forge new approaches to key environmental challenges.
- Take part in leading research in cell biology and genetics, ecology and conservation biology, physical geography, trace contaminant toxicology and chemistry, and much more.
- Study in world-class research centres and institutes, built on superior funding and state-of-the-art research equipment that support you in your investigation.
- Prepare for advanced academic training and for employment with governments, NGOs, or private industry.
- Accelerate your education, directly from B.Sc. to Ph.D., by applying to the doctoral program after one year.
- Benefit from strong funding, scholarship opportunities and teaching assistantships.
The 21st century is the Age of the Environment. For the foreseeable future, for both scientists and society, environmental issues will only grow in importance. These issues include water quality, sustainability, environmental contaminants, infectious diseases, and the conservation of biodiversity. In this new Age, scientific knowledge will be pivotal. Students, graduates, and faculty in our Program are contributing to this future – because of the incisive questions we pose, the knowledge we create, and the professionals we train.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Physical Geography
- Trace Contaminant Toxicology and Chemistry
- Ecosystem Biogeochemistry
- Stress Physiology
- Cell Biology and Genetics
- Ecology and Conservation Biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesGeography Biology Environmental Sciences View 102 other Masters in Biology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- B.Sc. honours degree (a four year undergraduate bachelor's degree) in Biology, Environmental Chemistry, Geography, Environmental Science or a related discipline
- Minimum B+ (77%) or equivalent in the work of the last four semesters or the last two undergraduate years (last ten full credits)
- It is highly recommended for applicants to secure a potential supervisor prior to submitting an application.
International21267 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21267 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National8929 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8929 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.