The M.A. in Canadian Studies and Indigenous Studies at Trent University is unique in allowing students to specialize in either or both Canadian Studies and Indigenous Studies. Students initiate and undertake research projects that range across the humanities, social sciences and interdisciplinary fields. Visit M.A. theses completed and M.A. theses-in-progress for a list of research projects undertaken by M.A. students. With support from Trent's multi-disciplinary faculty, MA students initiate and undertake research projects that range across the humanities, social sciences and other interdisciplinary fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Canada in the global context
- Cultural heritage, literature, theory and the arts
- Environmental politics, policy and natural heritage
- Aboriginal Peoples in Canada
- Political economy, labour and community development
- Women and gender
- Identities and difference in Canada
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies View 80 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Honours degree (a four year undergraduate bachelor's degree)
- Minimum B+ (77%) or equivalent in the work of the last four semesters or the last two undergraduate years (last ten full credits)
- Undergraduate courses relating to Canada, or willing to take such courses as make-up, usually before admission
- A clear interest in an interdisciplinary graduate experience
International22066 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22066 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National9051 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9051 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.