You’ll explore teaching methodology and practice, linguistics, oral communication, language acquisition and curriculum design – and how to apply these in numerous language education settings. Your new understanding of people coming from a wide range of cultural, social and religious backgrounds will also equip you with the valuable knowledge and skills needed to nurture your students’ futures in the workplace and beyond.
Build your skills step-by-step. This nationally and internationally recognised degree is part of an articulated postgraduate program of study that begins with a graduate certificate and ends with a master’s degree.
Study the Master of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) and Foreign Language Teaching (FLT) from University of Canberra and you will:
- master the skills required for the effective teaching and learning of English and other languages
- build specialised knowledge and skills for professional practice in a range of educational settings
- empower learners with your strong subject and pedagogical knowledge
- strengthen your professional leadership skills
- critically reflect on the ways in which language education theory and research informs teaching practice
- establish and maintain ethical and respectful relationships with students, colleagues and parents
- develop the strengths and linguistic needs of students from diverse cultural, religious and socio-economic backgrounds.
A UC Master of TESOL and Foreign Language Teaching offers graduates the chance to acquire the skills needed to pursue a career in teaching and a pathway to a range of other lifelong learning careers. Graduates can work in such roles as:
- teacher of English as a second language in Australia
- teacher of a language other than English
- adult educator
- workplace-based TESOL instructor
- director of language education
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Language Teaching Methodology
- Language Teaching Experience
- Language in Social Context
- Study of Language
- Language Testing and Assessment
- Language Teaching Practice
- Language Acquisition
- English Grammar
- Research Methods in Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguages Teaching Teaching English View 24 other Masters in Teaching English in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree or equivalent as approved by the University Admissions Committee. No teaching experience is required.
- Students planning to undertake the combined vertical Bachelor/Master program must meet the English Language requirements for the Master before enrolling in any of the G or PG level units.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29000 AUD per year during 24 months.
National21300 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21300 AUD per year during 24 months.
- The indicative CSP Student Contribution Amount for this course is $3,985
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.